PEEL AND STICK PANELING
1. HOW DO I PREPARE MY WALL FOR PANELING?
by taking off any hardware left on the wall such as picture hangers or nails.
the wall down with a clean cloth. You want to make sure there is no dust, dirt,
grease or grime on the walls. The cleaner you get the wall, the better the
adhesive will stick!
- Start to unbox your Weekend Walls. If you live in a very humid or arid environment,
we suggest letting the wood acclimate to your specific location for 36 hours so
it can adjust to its new home.This step
also lets you see the product and become familiar with it.
2. PUTTING UP YOUR FIRST ROW
- iN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR WALL, MAKE A PENCIL MARK THAT IS 20" BELOW YOUR CEILING.
- USING A LEVEL, DAW A LEVEL LINE ON YOUR MARK.
- CHOOSE A LONG PIECE FOR YOUR FIRST BOARD, THIS WILL HELP MAINTAIN A LEVEL LINE THROUGHOUT YOUR ENTIRE WALL
- REMOVE THE TPE FROM YOUR FIRST PIECE OF PANELING
- WITHOUT TOUCHING THE DHESIVE TO THE WALL, LINE UP THE TOP OF YOUR BOARD SO IT IS LEVEL WITH YOUR LINE, WHEN YOU FEEL IT IS LEVEL GO AHEAD AND PUSH THAT FIRST PIECE ONTO YOUR WALL!
- USE A J-ROLLER TO APPLY PRESSURE TO THE ENTIRE PIECE
3. THE REST OF YOUR WALL
- ONCE YOUR FIRST BOARD IS UP, YOU CAN START STICKING THE REST OF YOUR PIECES TO THE WALL, USE YOUR FIRST BOARD AS A GUIDE. STAGGER THE BOARDS SO THE SEAMS DO NOT LINE UP FOR THE BEST LOOK, AND REMEMBER TO USE A J-ROLLER EVERY FEW BOARDS